objects of the society are cultivation and promotion
of the study and practice of ophthalmic sciences, research
and man-power development with a view to render service
to the community and to promote social contacts among
ophthalmologists of the country.
We organise International / National Conferences in
different parts of the country. In these conferences
a number of scientific programmes, Symposia, Seminars,
Workshops, Refresher courses, Live Survery etc. etc.
are conducted for the promotion and mutual exchange
of knowledge in the field of Ophthalmic secience
Now we are under
the broad perview of Oman Ophthalmic Association with
the headquarters in Muscat.
The objects of the Society shall be the cultivation
and promotion of the study and practice of ophthalmic
sciences, research and man power development with a
view to render service to the community and to promote
social contacts among ophthalmologists by :
- To uphold the technical and
ethical standards of ophthalmology as a profession.
- Organising conferences, symposia,
seminars, workshops, refresher courses, etc., for
promotion and mutual exchange of knowledge.
- Promoting clinical, experimental
community and operational research in ophthalmology.
- Promoting, teaching, training and
continuing education in ophthalmology
- To protect and promote the professional
needs of Oman Ophthalmic Society members and to
ensure continuing medical education for the OOS
- Co-operating with other medical societies/associations.
- Promotion of social contact and creation
of goodwill amongst the ophthalmologists.
- Ensuring ethical practice, and professional
conduct of its members as laid down by the society
from time to time.
- Advising on legislation affecting
ophthalmic practice and science of ophthalmology.
- Maintaining liaison with the Government,
and various appropriate Bodies regarding matters
concerning teaching and practice of Ophthalmology
and rationalisation of ophthalmic fitness and standards
for various jobs.
- Raising finances through subscriptions,
contributions donations from members and non-members
to run the activities of the Society.
- Framing bye-laws, rules and regulations
and to amend, add, alter or delete the same as and
- Undertake health education to prevent
visual impairment and control blindness.
- Doing all such other things as may
be incidental to or conducive to the attainment
of the aims and objectives of the Society.
- All the acts/activities/programs
shall be Non Profitable and shall be done on 'No
Profit=No Loss' basis.